A great oriental dish that is easy to prepare and tastes delicious.
This is a great dish to enjoy with friends and family and it is a lot of fun to eat.
1. In Dutch oven brown lamb with onion, eggplant and garlic over medium heat about 5 minutes.
2. Drain off excess fat.
3. Stir in tomato, wine, salt and cinnamon.
4. Continue to cook, covered, for about 20 minutes until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
5. Stir in yogurt, almonds, and cheese.
6. Spoon 1 cup hot lamb mixture in each 1/2 of pita bread.
7. Serve immediately.