Ample Brown Betty For A Crowd
1. Toss bread cubes with butter; divide half of the cubes among four greased 12"x9"x2" baking pans.
2. Arrange apples over bread, using 10 cups per pan.
3. Mix 2 cups of brown sugar, sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon; divide into fourths and sprinkle over the apples.
4. Mix water and lemon juice; pour a fourth into each pan.
5. Top with remaining bread cubes. Sprinkle remaining brown sugar equally over pans.
6. Cover and bake at 375 for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 25-30 minutes longer.