Apollo Potato Pancakes
1. Soak shredded potatoes in the water 10 minutes; drain and squeeze dry in a kitchen towel.
2. In large bowl combine all ingredients except oil; mix thoroughly.
3. Pour oil into large skillet to a depth of 1/8 inch; place over medium heat.
4. For each pancake, portion 1/2 cup potato mixture into pan; flatten slightly.
5. Cook about 8 minutes until crispy and brown, turning once.
6. Repeat with remaining potato mixture, adding oil to skillet, if needed.
7. Serve with sour cream and apple sauce, if desired.