Apple Lemon Puff
1. In a skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add apple rings; sprinkle with 2 teaspoons sugar.
2. Cook until tender, turning once.
3. In a mixing bowl, beat the egg yolk, lemon peel and vanilla for 1 minute.
4. In another mixing bowl, beat egg white until stiff peaks form; fold in flour and remaining sugar.
5. Fold into egg yolk mixture. Place apple rings in a greased 2-cup baking dish.
6. Spread egg mixture on top.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown and set.
8. Invert onto a serving plate.