Artichoke Risotto with Tomato Butter
Very delicious side dish for chicken, meat, seafood dishes.
1. Mix up about 1 1/2 tbsp of butter with about 1/4 tsp of garlic. Combine with the tomato paste. Mix until it's a smooth mixture.
2. Set aside.
3. In a medium pot, saute the shallots and half of the artichokes in the remaining 1 1/2 tbsp of butter and the olive oil until both are softened (about 5 minutes).
4. Stir in the rice and cook, stirring until it colors slightly, about 5 minutes.
5. Stir in 1/2 cup of stock and throw in the basil and oregano and cook over medium heat until the stock is absorbed, then repeat with another 1/2 cup of stock.
6. When that stock is absorbed, begin adding the wine.
7. When that is absorbed, add the rest of the artichokes and continue adding the remaining stock and the rest of the garlic.
8. When the rice is al dente, the risotto is ready.
9. Stir in the Parmesan cheese.
10. Serve each portion with a dab of tomato butter.