Baked Lamb Stew with Fresh Rosemary
Baked Lamb Stew with Fresh Rosemary. An English Dinner. Rosemary is the prime herb in this hearty lamb stew which includes potatoes, carrots
1. Preheat oven to 500F.
2. Remove any gristle from lamb.
3. Arrange in a single layer in the bottom of a large roasting pan.
4. Sprinkle with rosemary, pepper, and garlic.
5. Roast uncovered until meat is well browned, about 30 minutes.
6. Stir in chopped onion, broth, and wine, scraping up and incorporating brown particles from pan.
7. Reduce oven temperature to 375F.
8. Cover and bake one hour.
9. Add mushrooms, onions, and carrots.
10. Bake until vegetables are tender, about 40 minutes. (Add stock if liquid reduces too much.) Remove from oven. Remove meat and vegetables from pan and keep warm.
11. Skim fat from pan juices. Place pan on stove over high heat.
12. Add cream to pan and boil, stirring constantly until sauce thickens.
13. Remove from heat. Pour sauce into warm serving plates, spoon lamb and vegetables on top, drizzle with lemon juice, and garnish with rosemary.