Berry Bread Pudding
1. Cut each slice of white bread into thirds.
2. In a nonstick saucepan bring the sugar and water to a boil.
3. Add the blueberries and simmer for 2 minutes until they pop; add raspberries and simmer for a minute or until wilted.
4. Strain them over a bowl. Reserve the fruit and return the strained juices to a skillet.
5. Over high heat reduce the juices until 1 cup remains and cool until room temperature.
6. Blend the syrup with the fruits. Oil a 6 cup souffle mold.
7. Line sides with bread strips and spoon fruit and syrup in the middle.
8. Trim the bread on the sides of the bread so they are the same level as the fruits.
9. Cover the fruit with more bread, cover the bread with a plate and place weight on the plate; refrigerate overnight.