Blushing Tomato Bread
1. In small bowl, combine water, 1 tsp sugar, ginger and yeast.
2. Let stand Let stand until bubbly. In large bowl, combine tomato juice, 1/4 cup sugar and 2 cups flour.
3. Add yeast mixture, beat well. Stir in butter and salt.
4. Add 3 cups flour; stir until thoroughly blended.
5. Stir in remaining flour. Turn dough onto well-floured board; knead until smooth and satiny.
6. Return dough on bowl; brush top with butter.
7. Cover and let rise 30 to 40 minutes or until doubled.
8. Punch down; divide in half. Shape into two 14" loaves.
9. Place on greased baking sheets. Cut diagonal slashes on top.
10. Brush with butter; cover and let rise again until doubled in size.
11. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake 40 to 50 minutes or until lightly browned.
12. Transfer loaves to wire racks. Cool. Makes 2 loaves.