Bread Pudding With Whiskey Sauce
1. Soak bread in milk; crush with hands until well mixed.
2. Add eggs, sugar, vanilla and raisins and stir well.
3. Pour margarine or butter into the bottom of an ovenproof heavy pan and bake until firm.
4. Let it cool. Cut pudding into squares and put in individual dessert dishes.
5. When ready to serve, pour the sauce over it and run under the broiler until hot.
6. WHISKEY SAUCE-Cook sugar and butter in double boiler until very hot and the sugar is well dissolved.
7. Add eggs and beat with a whisk very fast. Let cool and add whiskey to taste.