Brown Sugar Cookies
1. Cream together butter and sugar.
2. Add egg and vanilla and beat until light and fluffy.
3. In separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt and add to butter mixture alternately with milk.
4. Chill dough overnight until stiff enough to handle.
5. On lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/8" (2mm) thickness.
6. Cut cookies and place on greased baking sheets.
7. Bake at 400F 8-9 minutes until delicately brown.
8. Remove from sheets and cool on racks. Frost with Sugar Icing (separate recipe) Add spices, if desired.