1. Wearing heavy gloves on your hands, carefully gather the cactus fruit when it is deep red in color.
2. You also may gather fruits when pink and put in a brown paper bag and store in bottom of refrigerator until they turn dark red.
3. Cut fruit in half and scoop out seeded pulp.
4. Put in saucepan and cover with water. Bring to boil and simmer for 10 minutes; allow to cool.
5. Strain juice and measure. In large kettle put 3 cups cactus pear-juice, package fruit pectin, lemon juice and sugar; bring to full rolling boil and boil 3 minutes, adding the allspice during the last minute of boiling.
6. Ladle hot jelly into hot clean jelly jars and seal.