Cape Breton Scones
A traditional scone recipe from the Scottish Maritime provinces -- perfect for tea time!
1. Sift together dry ingredients and stir in the raisins.
2. Blend the remaining ingredients and stir in the flour mixture until the dough is all together.
3. Toss on a lightly floured surface until no longer sticky.
Knead a few times.
4. Divide the dough in half then pat each ball of dough into a 6 inch circle with the top slightly rounded.
5. Brush the tops with milk and sprinkle with sugar.
Cut each circle into 6 wedges.
Place 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet.
6. Bake at 425F for 10 to 12 minutes or till golden.
7. Serve hot with butter and jam or flavored butter or honey.