Cherry Cream Torte
1. Split lady fingers lengthwise; brush with juice.
2. Place a layer of lady fingers around the sides and over the bottom of a lightly greased 9" springform pan.
3. In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth; add sugar and 1/2 teaspoon extract.
4. Beat on medium for 1 minute. Fold in whipped cream.
5. Spread half over crust. Arrange remaining lady fingers in a spoke-like fashion.
6. Spread evenly with the remaining cream cheese mixture.
7. Cover and chill overnight. Combine the pie filling and remaining extract; spread over the cream cheese layer.
8. Chill for at least 2 hours. To serve, remove sides of pan.
9. Garnish with almonds and whipped cream if desired.