Cherry Dijon Chicken
Easy recipe to follow because most of us have these ingredients in our pantry, and not time consuming at all. Plus, it is great as a light and healthy meal.
1. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper, then lightly toss in flour. Shake off excess.
2. Heat half the butter and oil in large skillet over medium heat.
3. Add half the chicken.
4. Cook 8 to 10 minutes, turning occasionally, until chicken is golden and cooked through.
5. Remove to platter and keep warm.
6. Repeat with remaining butter, oil and chicken.
7. Stir wine, chicken broth and mustard into skillet, scraping up browned bits.
8. In small bowl, mix cornstarch, vinegar and water.
9. Stir into skillet. Add cherries and boil mixture, stirring until sauce thickens, 1 to 2 minutes.
10. Stir in green onion. Pour sauce over chicken and serve.