Chicken Kiev - Main Line Classics
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Skin and bone breasts; cut in half. Combine the butter, garlic, chives, parsley, salt, rosemary and pepper; mix thoroughly.
3. Place on wax paper; pat into an 8 inch long roll.
4. Freeze until firm. Place each chicken piece between 2 sheets of waxed paper; pound with mallet until 1/4 inch thick.
5. Divide butter mixture into 8 sections. Place 1 section on each chicken piece.
6. Tuck in ends; roll up chicken tightly, securing with toothpicks.
7. Combine milk and egg. Dip pieces of chicken in milk mixture.
8. Place bread crumbs in bag. Shake chicken pieces individually in bread crumbs.
9. Place chicken in a single layer in shallow baking pan.