Christmas Eve Salad
1. Very few salad recipes utilized for the Holiday Season embody such a variety of flavors and textures, and serve up as a green and red holiday color-coordinated starter.
2. Our Christmas Eve Salad is another recipe in a collection of Holiday cooking from the American Southwest.
3. Get your pinatas ready and the guests gathered because this recipe is a sure-fire way to taste the holiday flavors on the American Southwest.
4. Combine beets, jicama, oranges and fresh cilantro in a bowl and allow to chill until ready to serve.
5. Blend dressing ingredients in a lidded jar or mixing bowl.
6. Just before serving, pour dressing over salad, toss to distribute dressing, then arrange on lettuce leaves and top with chopped peanuts.