Clam Chowder- Maine Style
1. Dice the onions and salt pork, then saute slowly in an iron frying pan.
2. Empty into a chowder pan. Add a quart (more or less) of water and bring it to a boil.
3. Add the diced potatoes and bring back to a boil.
4. Put the clams through a meat grinder then add to the pot.
5. Simmer until done. Add salt and pepper. When done, add the evaporated milk.
6. Turn off heat and let set. Heat again just before serving.
7. Serve with Crackers. (I made this one with canned chopped clams and it was good).