Crumbly Baked Apples
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350-F degrees and select a baking dish that is just large enough to securely hold the half-dozen apples.
2. In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter or margarine and three-quarter cup brown sugar until well-blended.
3. Stir in the sifted flour, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt, then blend well again.
4. Finish preparing the apples by deeply scoring the outside of each piece of fruit with a fork.
5. Press the sugar-and-butter-mixture all over the outside of each apple, placing it in the baking dish as you work.
6. Press the mixture firmly enough onto each apple to make the concoction stick to the fruit.
7. Sprinkle the remaining two tablespoons of brown sugar over the top of the apples after all are placed in the baking dish.
8. Bake for about 45 minutes, or until the apples are tender and the outside has baked crisp.