Daffadil Cake (Easter Dinner Cake)
1. White part: Sift 1/2 cup cake flour and 1/2 cup powdered sugar together three times.
2. Beat egg whites till frothy; add cream of tartar, vanilla, and salt.
3. Beat till soft peaks form. Gradually beat in 1/2 cup granulated sugar.
4. Sift a fourth of the flour mixture at a time over top; fold in.
5. Yellow part: Sift 3/4 cup cake flour and baking powder together three times.
6. Beat yolks with juice and water until thick, 5 to 7 minutes; gradually beat in 1/2 cup granulated sugar.
7. Sift a fourth of the flour mixture at a time over top; fold in.
8. Alternately spoon yellow and white mixtures into an ungreased 9- or 10-inch tube pan.
9. Bake at 375 degrees F for 35 to 40 minutes. Invert and cool.