Diabetic Wheat 'N' Fruit Cookies - Sugar Free
1. Cream the butter, egg and vanilla together in a large mixing bowl.
2. In a small bowl, combine the whole wheat flour, baking powder and salt.
3. Add the flour mixture a little at a time, to the creamed mixture, beating after each addition.
4. In a medium bowl, combine the coconut, dates, orange peel, and 1/2 cup of the pecans.
5. Stir into the cookie mixture. Divide the dough in half and form into two logs, approximately 1.
6. 1/2 inches in diameter. Place the remaining 1/2 cup of pecans on a piece of waxed paper.
7. Roll the logs in the nuts. Wrap each log in waxed paper and chill for 1 hour.
8. To bake, slice the logs into 1/8 inch rounds and place them on an ungreased cookie sheet.
9. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes, until lightly browned.