Diner Hashslinger Potatoes
1. Preheat oven 450.
2. Peel potatoes, slice into 1/4" thick disks. Dry between paper towels.
3. Rub large cast-iron (yes indeed, a well used one at that) skillet with cut edge of garlic clove.
4. Melt 3T butter. Add onion, toss in potatoes and saute over high heat, 3 minutes, flipping and separating to coat evenly.
5. Arrange disks in an overlapping pattern in pan.
6. Dot with remaining butter, salt, and pepper.
7. Saute over high heat 2 minutes without stirring.
8. Transfer to oven, bake 30 minutes or until rims of disks are golden brown.