1. In a large heavy saucepan mix eggs, milk, and 1/3 cup sugar.
2. Cook and stir over medium heat till mixture coats a metal spoon.
3. Remove from heat. Cool quickly by placing pan in a sink or bowl of ice water and stirring 1-2 minutes.
4. Stir in run, bourbon, and vanilla. Chill 4-24 hours.
5. At serving time, in a bowl whip cream and 2 tablespoons sugar till soft peaks from.
6. transfer chilled egg mixture to a punch bowl.
7. Fold in whipped cream mixture. Serve at once.
8. Sprinkle each serving with nutmeg. Makes about 10 (4oz) servings.
9. Chocolate Eggnog: Prepare as above, except stir 1/4 to 1/3 cup chocolate-flavored syrup into egg mixture before chilling.
10. Nonalcholic Eggnog: Prepare as above, except omit rum and bourbon.