Eggplant Casserole with Meat
1. Slice eggplant into 1/4" rounds.
2. If desired, salt the slices and let sit for 1/2 - 1 hour.
3. Rinse and dry. (I do this from habit, but you can eliminate this step).
4. Place slices on oiled or cooking sprayed cookie sheets.
5. Sprinkle with salt (omit if you salted previously), pepper, and garlic powder.
6. Brush lightly with oil or spray with Pam. Bake in a hot oven (about 400F) till soft (15-20 minutes).
7. Meanwhile, brown the meat without additional fat in a large skillet.
8. Drain any fat that is released. In a large casserole dish, put a thin layer of the sauce.
9. Put 1/3 of the eggplant slices over this. Put the spaghetti over the eggplant.
10. Pour some of the sauce over this. Put another third of the eggplant in.
11. Cover with the meat. Pour more sauce over. Add the rest of the eggplant and finish off with a thin layer of sauce.