Homemade flan, my husbands favorite! This recipe makes it easy. Maybe I will try it again the next time I want to make him feel special!
1. Melt 1 cup sugar in a heavy skillet until browned but not hard (watch carefully to prevent burning).
2. Spoon melted sugar into individual cups that have been greased with butter.
3. Beat eggs. Add sugar, milk and vanilla. Mix thoroughly.
4. Spoon custard mixture into cups. Place cups into a large baking pan that is filled with 1 inch of water.
5. Bake for 1 hour at 350 F or until silver knife comes out clean.
6. Cool in refrigerator. Unmold just before serving.