Fried Fish New Orleans
1. Place the fish and Tabasco sauce in a stainless-steel bowl.
2. Let marinate for 20 minutes. Mix the batter by whipping the eggs, adding the water.
3. Blend the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, salt and pepper together in a dry bowl, using a fork.
4. Gently stir this into the egg/water mixture. Do not try to get out all the small lumps.
5. It will not matter. Do not overmix. Heat 4 cups of peanut oil to 375 to 400 degrees.
6. Dip the marinated fish squares into the batter, then deep-fry until light brown, about 4 minutes.