Green Olive Soup
1. Soak the olives in cold water for 1 hour.
2. Drain and coarsely chop the olives. Heat a frying pan and add the oil, onion and garlic along with 2/3 of the olives.
3. Saute until the onions are transparent. Puree this mixture in a food processor along with 1 cup of the stock.
4. Place the mixture in a 4-quart saucepan and add the remaining stock.
5. Simmer for 20 minutes and add the cream. Whisk in the roux and simmer, stirring constantly, until thickened.
6. Add pepper to taste and the remaining chopped olives, Tabasco sauce and dry sherry.
7. Heat to serving temperature and serve with the sliced olive and crouton garnish.