Homemade New Orleans Bread Pudding
1. Combine all ingredients.
2. Mixture should be very moist but not soupy.
3. Pour into buttered 9 x 12 or larger baking dish.
4. Place into non-preheated oven. Bake at 350 for approx 1 hr 15 min until top is golden brown.
5. Sauce: Cream butter and sugar over med heat till all butter is absorbed.
6. Remove from heat and blend in egg yolk. Pour in bourbon gradually to taste, stirring constantly.
7. Sauce thickens as it cooks. Serve warm over warm pudding, or cold over cold (or warm over cold etc).