Honey and Whole Wheat Waffles
1. Preheat the waffle iron.
2. Melt the butter in a (1 Qt). saucepan over low heat.
3. Set aside to cool. Combine both flours, the baking powder, salt and and sugar in a medium size bowl.
4. Combine the milk and honey. Beat the combination into the melted butter.
5. Beat the egg yolks into the butter mixture. Stir the butter mixture into the flour mixture just until the dry ingredients are moistened.
6. Use an electric mixer to beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
7. Fold the egg whites into the batter just until blended.
8. Ladle sufficient batter onto the waffle iron to cover 2/3 of the grid.
9. Use a spatula to spread the batter to the edges.
10. Close the lid. Cook until the steaming stops (about 5 minutes).
11. Use a fork to remove the waffle from the grid.