1. Brown beef in large frying pan, drain.
2. Add onion, green pepper, celery and garlic.
3. Cook until pepper and celery are soft (about 5 minutes).
4. In 5 quart saucepan or crock pot combine remaining ingredients.
5. Mix well. Stir in ground beef and vegetables.
6. Simmer 30 minutes or more (as much as two hours for full flavor).
7. This recipe is extremely flexible as you can add or delete ingredients to suit your own taste.
8. 8 - 10 servings. Goes well with restaurant style tortilla chips in lieu of silverware.