Lemon-Poppy Seed Pancakes
1. Combine flour, sugar, poppy seeds, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
Make a well in the center of the flour mix.
3. Mix milk, yogurt, egg whites,
lemon juice and lemon zest in another bowl.
4. Pour milk mixture into the well
of the flour mix and stir well to mix.
5. Coat a griddle or large nonstick fry
pan with nonstick cooking spray.
6. Place over medium-high heat until hot.
Spoon 1/3 cup of batter onto hot griddle until batter is used up.
7. Flip each
pancake when tiny bubbles cover surface, about 3 minutes.
8. Cook until bottom is
golden brown, about 2 minutes.
9. Divide onto 4 plates.
Additional note: Poppy seeds contain a lot of oil and can go rancid quickly.