Lemon Zucchini Vichyssoise
1. Discard leek stalk -- use green part only.
2. In a large heavy saucepan, heat oil. Cook leek, onion, and garlic with salt and pepper to taste over medium-low heat, stirring until leek softens.
3. Add potato, zucchini and broth to leek mixture.
4. Simmer covered for 15 minutes or until potato is very tender.
5. Blend (on cream setting) in a blender until very smooth.
6. Stir in cream, lemon juice and extra salt and pepper to taste.
7. Refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight. Soup will thicken overnight.
8. Just before serving, thin soup slightly with ice cold water.