This simple recipe cooks in the microwave. Microwave Risotto recipe at Best Recipes. An easy risotto without all the stirring.
1. In a 9-inch pie pan, microwave oil and butter on high for 2 minutes.
2. Add onion and rice and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
3. Add the broth, and microwave on high for 16 minutes, stirring once halfway through cooking.
4. Stir in Parmesan and pepper. Let stand, covered, 3 minutes.
5. Options: Use alternative liquids (stocks, tomato juice, etc).
6. . Add vegetables, herbs, raw or cooked seafood or meats.
7. Times will not change. If you use a thicker liquid (e.
8. g., tomato juice) use more of it. If you use dried mushrooms, add about 2 tbsp liquid more per serving.
9. If you use dried herbs, add them 4 minutes before end of cooking; fresh herbs, 2 minutes before end.
10. * Use a good Parmesan and grate it yourself.