Perfect Baked Piecrust
The perfect crust can take your pie from delicious to divine. This simple recipe will beat any store bought crust and take less time than running to the market!
1. Combine flour and salt in mixing bowl. Cut in solid shortening with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture is the size of small peas.
2. Use cold water only. Sprinkle water, a little at a time, on mixture while constantly tossing with a fork. Add water to driest parts while pushing lumps to sides, only until dough is just moist enough to hold together.
3. Form into a ball, then flatten to 1/2-inch thick on lightly floured surface. Roll with rolling pin to the size to fit your pie plate plus 1-1/2 inches. Roll from center outwards each time. Smooth edges with hands to keep it round.
4. Fit crust loosely into pan; flute edges and prick crust in several spots with a fork. Pat out any air bubbles.
5. Bake in a preheated 450-degree oven for 10-12 minutes until golden brown. Cool completely before filling.