Perogy Filling: Roasted Garlic and Potato
1. In large pot of boiling salted water, cook potatoes, covered, for about 20 minutes or until tender.
2. Drain well and return to pot; mash with potato masher until smooth.
3. Meanwhile, in small saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat.
4. Add garlic and reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 8-10 minutes or until golden and softened.
5. Mash garlic and add to mashed potatoes. Blend in milk, cream cheese, salt and pepper, stirring just until smooth.
6. Let filling cool to room temperature. Filling can be refrigerated in airtight container for up to 24 hours.
7. Makes about 4 cups (1L), enough for 7 1/2 dozen perogies.