Rich Spinach Soup (Korean Ginchang Sigumchi Kuk)
1. Wash the spinach thoroughly, then trim off the thick stems.
2. Chop the scallion and mince the garlic. Heat the sesame oil in a heavy-bottomed pot.
3. Brown the ground beef, separating the particles while stir-frying.
4. Add the scallion, garlic, soy sauce, salt and pepper and stir-fry for 30 seconds.
5. Add the water, then the spinach. Bring the soup to a boil, then lower the flame.
6. Place a tight-fitting lid on the pot. Do not remove the cover until soup is ready to be served.