Risotto with Squash and Sweet Peas
1. Heat the olive oil in a non-stick pan over high heat.
2. Add the zucchini and yellow squash. Saute tossing once in a while until they are speckled brown (2 to 3 minutes).
3. Set aside. Heat the stock. Melt the butter in a heavy large saucepan over moderate heat.
4. Add the rice, stirring until it is well coated.
5. Add 1/2 cup stock. Cook, stirring constantly until the stock is absorbed.
6. Continue adding stock, about one cup at a time, stirring frequently with a wooden spoon.
7. By the time most or all of the broth is added, the rice should be tender but still firm, the mixture creamy.
8. Add the reserved zucchini, squash and peas. Cook until they are heated through.
9. Remove from heat. Stir in the Parmesan, parsley and lemon juice.