Risted Laks Med Kremsaus (Fried Trout In Sour)
1. If you are using frozen trout, defrost them completely before cooking.
2. Wash fish under cold running water, pat dry inside and out and sprinkle a little salt into the cavities.
3. Spread the 1/2 cup flour over wax paper, roll the fish around in the flour and shake off any excess.
4. In a heavy 10-12" skillet, heat 2 tb butter and 2 tb oil.
5. When foam subsides, lower heat to moderate and fry the trout, 2 at a time, for about 5 minutes on each side, turning them carefully with a large spatula.
6. When all the trout have been browned, keep them warm on a heatproof platter in a 200 F oven while you quickly make the sauce.
7. Pour off all the fat from the skillet and replace it with 2 tablespoons fresh butter.
8. Stir over low heat, scraping up the brown pan drippings with a wooden spoon.
9. Add the sour cream and continue stirring for about 3 minutes without letting the cream boil.
10. Stir in the lemon juice and pour the sauce over the hot fish.
11. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve at once.