Skillet Chicken Paella
This is a perfect dish for when you are looking for something that doesn't take a long time and doesn't use a lot of dishes, but looks like it did! This is paella for the busy mom!
1. In a 10-inch skillet heat oil over medium-high heat and cook chicken strips, in two batches, for 2 to 3 minutes or until no longer pink.
2. Remove chicken from skillet. Set aside.
3. Add onion and garlic to skillet; cook until onion has softened but not browned.
4. Add broth, uncooked rice, oregano, paprika, salt, pepper and saffron or turmeric.
5. Bring to boiling.
6. Reduce heat.
7. Simmer, covered, for about 15 minutes.
8. Coarsely chop stewed tomatoes and add with their juice to the pan.
9. Add sweet red pepper and frozen peas.
10. Cover and simmer about 5 minutes more or until rice is tender.
11. Stir in cooked chicken.
12. Cook and stir about 1 minute more or until heated through.