Strawberries with Pine Nut-Praline Cream
1. Vanilla yogurt can be used in place of whipped cream.
2. Lightly oil a flat baking sheet. Put the sugar in a small heavy saucepan; drizzle water over and swirl the pan so all the sugar is moistened.
3. Cook over medium-high heat, watching closely, until sugar is melted and mixture is a rich medium brown.
4. Add pine nuts and remove from heat. Immediately pour onto baking sheet and cool completely.
5. Break cooled nut mixture into pieces. Grind to a powder in a food processor or blender.
6. Whip cream until it holds soft peaks. Mix in vanilla and half of ground nut mixture.
7. To serve, place a spoonful of whipped cream into serving bowls; top with berries and a small sprinkling of nut powder.