1. In nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium-low heat; cook garlic, onions and carrots, covered, for about 10 minutes or until softened.
2. Stir in vinegar, rosemary, pepper and hot pepper flakes; cook, covered, for about 15 minutes or until onions are very soft.
3. Stir in sauce; bring to boil.
4. Reduce heat; simmer for about 5 minutes or until thickened.
5. Stir in beans; set aside.
6. Meanwhile, in large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta for 5 minutes.
7. Add broccoli; [tip: peel broccoli stalks so that they will cook in the same amount of time as the florets.] cook for about 1 minute or until pasta is almost tender and broccoli is bright green and still crisp.
8. Drain and return to pot. Stir in tomato mixture.
9. Pour into greased 8-inch square baking dish; sprinkle with Romano cheese. Cover with foil. [Can be prepared to this point and cooled in refrigerator.
10. Cove and refrigerate for up to 4 hours.
11. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before baking. Add 30 minutes to baking time.]
12. Bake in 350F 180C oven for about 35 minutes or until heated through.
13. Broil, uncovered, for about 2 minutes or until browned and bubbly.
14. Serve with crisp cucumber and red onion salad.
Comments on 1-Pot: Vegetable Bean Casserole Recipe:
Comment submitted for approval, it will be posted shortly.
This recipe is high in Vitamin A with 103% of your daily recommended intake per serving. This recipe is high in Vitamin C with 111% of your daily recommended intake per serving. This recipe is a good source of Vitamin E with 15% of your daily recommended intake per serving.
Food Allergy Information:
This recipe contains potential food allergens and will effect people with Wheat, Beans, Butter, Gluten, Tomato, Cheese, Sulfites, Garlic, Hot Pepper, Vinegar, Rosemary, Onion allergies.