1. The shrimp should be of a size to number 30-35 per pound.
Melt the butter in a large deep-sided frying pan or iron skillet over low heat.
2. When melted, raise the heat, and add the remaining ingredients except the shrimp.
3. Cook, stirring often, until browned to a rich mahogany color, about 10 minutes.
4. Add the shrimp, stirring and turning to coat well with the seasoned butter.
5. Cook until the shrimp have turned a rich deep pink, about 10 minutes.
Serve the shrimp in their shells, peeling them at the table.
Comments on Acadian Peppered Shrimp Recipe:
Comment submitted for approval, it will be posted shortly.
This recipe is high in Vitamin A with 83% of your daily recommended intake per serving. This recipe is high in Vitamin C with 46% of your daily recommended intake per serving. This recipe is high in Vitamin E with 28% of your daily recommended intake per serving.
Food Allergy Information:
This recipe contains potential food allergens and will effect people with Lemon, Shellfish, Butter, Sulfites, Garlic, Shrimp, Fructose Malabsorption, Hot Pepper allergies.