1. Sprinkle the yeast on warm water and stand for 10 minutes.
2. Pour boiling water over codfish, allow to cool.
3. Rinse in cold water, remove skin and bones, and shred fish very fine.
4. Mix fish with flour, sugar, onions, garlic, peppers, chives, salt and generous amount of pepper.
5. Add yeast and beat until smooth. Allow to rise for 1 1/2-2 hours in warm, draft-free place.
6. Drop by tablespoon into hot oil (370F) and fry until golden brown.
Comments on Accra (Saltfish Cakes) Recipe:
Comment submitted for approval, it will be posted shortly.
This recipe is very low-sodium with 58.38mg per serving, low-fat with 0.13g per serving, low-saturated fat with 0g per serving, low-cholesterol with 1.88mg per serving and low-calorie with 29.17 per serving
Food Allergy Information:
This recipe contains potential food allergens and will effect people with Wheat, Fish, Yeast, Gluten, Garlic, Natural Sweeteners, Iodine, Codfish, Onion allergies.