2. Place whole and chopped almonds on a jelly-roll pan and toast them for 15 min. in oven, tossing and stirring occasionally. Turn off heat and leave nuts in oven. They must be warm when added to syrup.
3. In heavy 1 1/2 qt. saucepan, stir together brn. sugar, corn syrup, water and salt. Swirl over high heat until sugar dissolves, washing down sides of pan with wet brush to remove any sugar crystals. Boil to 290 F. on candy thermometer without stirring.
4. Meanwhile, butter lge. baking sheet and a metal spatula.
5. When syrup is ready, remove from the heat and stir in the hot nuts, then butter, vanilla, and almond extract.
6. Pour candy onto baking sheet and press out as flat as possible with spatula. Let cool.
7. Remove the brittle from the pan and break into serving pcs. Pack airtight and store for 24 hrs. before serving to let flavor develop. Will keep for many weeks. Yield: 1 1/4 lbs.
Comments on Almond Brittle Recipe:
Comment submitted for approval, it will be posted shortly.
This recipe is low-cholesterol with 3.88mg per serving
This recipe is high in Vitamin E with 20% of your daily recommended intake per serving.
Food Allergy Information:
This recipe contains potential food allergens and will effect people with Tree Nuts, Butter, Corn, Almonds, Natural Sweeteners allergies.