How luscious can a desert be? Well this one takes the cake for summertime fun with friends or family, you will get rave reviews with this mouth watering toasty fruit and almond compote.I couldn't get enough of it and topped with ice cream, well it is simply to die for!
1. Sprinkle bananas, apples and pears with fresh lemon juice.
Cut pineapples in half.
2. Using curved serrated knife, hollow out pineapple halves, leaving 1/2" shell (reserve shells and all juice).
3. Cut pineapple into 1/4" cubes.
4. Transfer to large bowl.
Add sliced fruit* and toss lightly.
5. Cover and refrigerate up to 2 hours.
6. For ice cream: Blend cream, powdered sugar and extracts in large bowl.
7. Gradually fold in ice (or fresh clean snow) until mixture is consistency of ice cream.
Fold in nuts.
8. Add reserved pineapple juice to fruit.
Blend in orange juice and kirsch.
Spoon fruit into pineapple shells.
9. Top with ice cream.
10. *Can substitute any fresh seasonal fruit and combination of purple and green grapes and red and green apples.
Comments on Almond-Snow Fruit Boats Recipe:
Comment submitted for approval, it will be posted shortly.
This recipe is low-sodium with 25.7mg per serving
This recipe is high in Vitamin A with 36% of your daily recommended intake per serving. This recipe is high in Vitamin C with 209% of your daily recommended intake per serving. This recipe is a good source of Vitamin E with 10% of your daily recommended intake per serving.
Food Allergy Information:
This recipe contains potential food allergens and will effect people with Tree Nuts, Pineapple, Banana, Strawberry, Almonds, Natural Sweeteners, Alcohol, Fructose Malabsorption, Apple allergies.