2. When it begins to boil, add salt and oil, then turn down and start the sauce.
3. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the bacon to render out some of the drippings.
4. Add garlic and stir to brown.
5. Add scallops, cooking quickly to avoid browning but to cook thoroughly.
6. When the scallops look nearly done, turn the water back up to a boil, then put the tomatoes into the skillet at the same time you put the pasta into the water.
7. Cook for the requisite amount of time (2-3 minutes fresh, 6-7 minutes dried), then drain and *lightly* oil the pasta with a good extra-virgin olive oil (this will help keep the pasta from clumping while you eat it).
8. Toss the fresh thyme into the skillet and stir through before removing it from the heat.
9. Toss the pasta with the sauce and serve with freshly grated parmigiano reggiano cheese.
Comments on Angel-Hair Pasta with Scallops Recipe:
Comment submitted for approval, it will be posted shortly.
This recipe is a good source of Vitamin C with 15% of your daily recommended intake per serving.
Food Allergy Information:
This recipe contains potential food allergens and will effect people with Wheat, Shellfish, Gluten, Tomato, Garlic, Scallops, Beef allergies.