1. Cook rice in 1-1/2 cups boiling salted water for 35 minutes or until tender. Drain if necessary.
2. Set aside. Cut peppers in half.
3. Remove seeds and white membrane.
4. Parboil peppers in boiling salted water for 5 minutes.
5. Arrange in slightly oiled, shallow 1-1/2 quart baking dish. Melt butter in small skillet.
6. Add onion, celery, and sunflower seeds. Saute until onion is tender. Remove from heat.
7. Stir into rice.
8. Add parsley, eggs, oregano, chilies, black pepper, and salt to taste. Fill peppers with mixture. Sprinkle cheese on top. Put about 1/3 cup hot water in bottom of dish.
9. Bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes.
Comments on Baked Stuffed Peppers Recipe:
Comment submitted for approval, it will be posted shortly.
This recipe is high in Vitamin A with 20% of your daily recommended intake per serving. This recipe is high in Vitamin C with 24% of your daily recommended intake per serving. This recipe is a good source of Vitamin E with 16% of your daily recommended intake per serving.
Food Allergy Information:
This recipe contains potential food allergens and will effect people with Wheat, Egg, Butter, Gluten, Bell Pepper, Rice, Cheese, Sunflower Seeds, Hot Pepper, Celery, Onion allergies.