1. Boil the onions in salted water until they are crisp-tender, 3-7 minutes, depending on the size, drain.
2. Remove and discard the papery outer skins. Do not cut off much of the root end or the onion will fall apart.
3. Heat a saute pan, large enough to hold all the onions in one layer, over medium-high heat.
4. When hot, add the oil. When oil is rippling, add onions, shaking pan until all are well-coated with oil.
5. Add one tablespoon plus one teaspoon of the vinegar.
6. Continue to saute, shaking pan occasionally, until the onions are golden brown, 6-8 minutes When they are golden, sprinkle in the remaining two teaspoon balsamic vinegar; season with the fresh ground pepper to taste.
7. Shake the pan briefly to distribute the vinegar.
8. Taste for seasoning and add a dash more vinegar if desired, but there should be just a hint of it.
Comments on Balsamic-Glazed Pearl Onions Recipe:
Comment submitted for approval, it will be posted shortly.
This recipe is low-sodium with 0mg per serving, low-fat with 0g per serving, low-saturated fat with 0g per serving, low-cholesterol with 0mg per serving and low-calorie with 0 per serving
Food Allergy Information:
This recipe contains potential food allergens and will effect people with Vinegar, Onion, Olive Oil allergies.