1. Recipe by: Panini, Crostini, Brushetta Place basil, olive oil, garlic, pine nuts, and salt to taste in a blender.
2. Process until finely textured but not completely smooth.
3. Scrape pesto into a bowl and sir inthe cheeses.
4. If not using immediately, pour a thin layer of extra-irgin olie oil over the top.
5. Wrap tightly and refrigerate until needed. Makes about 1 cup.
6. Fresh basil pesto led the revolution in authentic Italian cooking in America.
7. It wasn't red and it didn't cook for hours on the stove.
8. In fact, it was green! And you didn't have to cook it at all! The fragrant green leaves, crushed with garlic and pine nuts, when tossed with freshly cooked pasta, creates a dish of unforgettale aroma and taste.
9. Aromatic pesto can be used as a spread for panini with equally memorable effect.
10. The following recipe produces a dense mixture specifically for panini; to use with pasta, just add a little more olive oil and thin with some hot pasta cooking water.
Comments on Basil Pesto Spread Recipe:
Comment submitted for approval, it will be posted shortly.
This recipe is low-sodium with 0mg per serving, low-fat with 0g per serving, low-saturated fat with 0g per serving, low-cholesterol with 0mg per serving and low-calorie with 0 per serving
Food Allergy Information:
This recipe contains potential food allergens and will effect people with Cheese, Garlic, Alcohol, Olive Oil allergies.