1. Meat Preparation: Flat: Simply rub with spices.
2. Whole brisket: Trim fat off the top to 1/4 inch, trim out the fat vein that runs between the flat and the nose by forming a V with your knife as deep as you can cut.
3. Mix spices and rub seasonings on all of the exposed surfaces of the meat.
4. Prepare the smoker or cooker for the indirect heat method.
5. Place the brisket on the grid, fat side up. Cook to an internal temperature of 165 degrees (use a probe thermometer), take out of smoker, shake on additional spice rub and wrap brisket in aluminum foil.
6. Return the brisket to the smoker for additional cooking.
7. This is the tenderizing stage.
8. After several hours check for tenderness with the probe thermometer.
9. If you feel no resistance, the probe sliding through the brisket effortlessly, the brisket is done.
10. Un-wrap the brisket; allow some time for the brisket to firm and to allow the meats juices to settle.
Comments on Bbq Brisket Recipe:
Comment submitted for approval, it will be posted shortly.
This recipe is high in Vitamin A with 103% of your daily recommended intake per serving. This recipe is a good source of Vitamin C with 17% of your daily recommended intake per serving. This recipe is a good source of Vitamin E with 16% of your daily recommended intake per serving.
Food Allergy Information:
This recipe contains potential food allergens and will effect people with Garlic, Hot Pepper, Beef, Onion allergies.