1. This recipe has been one of my family's best liked meals ever since I got it from the Good Housekeeping magazine September 1980 issue.
2. It really is delicious. Rice and Peas: Prepare 1 cup regular long-grain rice as label directs; when done, stir in one 10-ounce package frozen peas, thawed, and 1 tablespoon butter or margarine; heat through.
3. About11/2 hours before serving: 1.Prepare Rice and Peas; keep warm.
4. 2.On cutting board, with meat mallet or dull edge of French knife, pound each beef top round steak to 1/8-inch thickness.
5. Cut steaks into about 4" by 2" pieces. 3.In pie plate, beat egg with milk.
6. On waxed paper, combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
7. Dip meat in egg mixture, then coat with crumb mixture.